EMF-Risks may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Best Far Infrared Heating Pad in 2019 – Reviews with Comparison
The best far infrared heating pad can be an important tool for anyone suffering from chronic back pain.
There are many benefits that these pads can bring, with the main one being that it helps relieve pain by providing heat to the afflicted area.
It’s widely known that heat treatments help stimulate blood flow in a painful area, which helps remove some of the stiffness you often feel in your back.
The issue with a lot of heat treatment pads is that they either don’t work or have high EMF radiation.
With the right far infrared heating pad, you get the help your back needs without overexposing yourself to EMF.
Choosing the perfect pad is essential if you want to see the true benefits.
In this guide, we’ll look at some of the best products on the market by diving into five infrared heating pad reviews. Each one will be explored in detail with all the pros & cons relayed for you to see.
- Infrared Heating Pads – Comparison Chart
- Infrared Heating Pad Reviews
- Best Far Infrared Heating Pad FAQ
- How to Use a Far Infrared Heating Pad
- Final Thoughts
Infrared Heating Pads – Comparison Chart
Here are our picks for best infrared heating pads:
|EDITOR’S CHOICE||1. UTK Far Infrared Tourmaline Heating Pad||Check Price|
|RUNNER UP||2. HL HEALTHYLINE – Far Infrared Heating Pad||Check Price|
|3. SeHeat Far Infrared Heating Pad||Check Price|
|4. Back Rescue Far Infrared Heating Pad||Check Price|
|5. UTK Far Infrared Heating Pad Mat||Check Price|
Infrared Heating Pad Reviews
UTK is one of the leading providers of infrared heating bads, and this product is one of the best out there. The technology in this pad lets you get deep into the muscle tissue and undo all the knots and trigger points within there.
- 21” x 31” heating pad that can be folded to your personal requirements
- Precise Heat Settings to let you control the temperature
- Accurate Time Settings allow you to set how long the pad remains on for
- Memory Function enables you to save your favorite settings for both heat and time
- Auto Shut-Off after four hours
- Extra long cord
- Travel Bag
I found this heating pad had a few significant advantages that make it one to keep your eye on. Firstly, the Auto Shut-Off feature is very convenient as it conserves energy and also prevents the pad from being on for too long, which reduces any chance of burning your skin.
The Memory Function is also beneficial as it saves time when turning the pad on if you’re just going to use the same settings. Plus, there are plenty of heat settings that let you choose a temperature that you’re comfortable with.
There are very few disadvantages of this product, with the only real complaints being that it’s quite heavy to carry around and that it can feel slightly uncomfortable when rolled up and folded into different positions.
But, if you’re just going to use this at home in its natural shape, then neither of these issues will be a problem for you.
- FAR INFRARED HEATING FOR PAIN RELIEF. Far infrared can penetrate the inner-most (4-14 µm) regions of tissues and muscles. Keeping daily 30-mins using benefits to pain relief and injury healing.
- PURE TOURMALINE STONES FOR BODY RELAXING. Tourmaline emits much more negative ions when heating up (the highest temp 159℉). with 150 Watts Ouput, the stones layout would get heat up more prompt to reach your desired temp.
- SMART CORD AND EASY TO USE. Timer Free Settings and Temp Adjustment by 1℉, Auto shut off, Memory Function.
- MANUFACTURER FDA APPROVAL GUARANTEE LOWER EMF ITEMS. UTK is specialized in Health and solving EMF all the time. The Heating Pad features the best shielding circuit to reduce EMF.
- PERFECT GIFT FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR LOVED ONES. Treat yourself restoring the health of fatigued and tensioned muscle. Express your gratitude to your wife, husband, parents, friends, and teachers.
This heating pad combines natural healing gemstones with far infrared technology to deliver deep healing that helps relax tight muscles. It’s ideal for all kinds of body pain, not just limited to your back.
- 32” x 20” x 1.2” mat, only weighs 7lbs
- 50 gemstone pieces inside the mat
- LED display controller to change the temperature
- Advanced filtration system to block EMF radiation
- Carry bag & waterproof cover
One of the things I loved most about this product was the efforts made to reduce EMF radiation. There are added layers to block this out, which makes you feel safe in the knowledge that your body isn’t being exposed to this at all.
What’s more, the use of gemstones is excellent as they convert heat into far infrared invisible light that penetrates 8 inches into your body. Therefore, you know you’re getting deep tissue heat treatment that really attacks the source of your muscle pain.
As an added benefit, it’s very lightweight and easy for most people to carry as well, making it a portable option to take to and from home.
The only real problem is that there’s no timer built into this product. As such, there’s the tiny risk that you could fall asleep, and the pad would stay on for the whole time, which could cause skin issues. But, if you’re careful and set a timer on your phone, then this won’t be a significant issue for you.
- RESULTS - experience temporary relief from your aches and pains in as little as 30 mins. Continuous use brings better overall feelings on a day to day basis. Subdue persistent symptoms of chronic conditions with long term use
- FAR INFRARED THERAPY - is a form of absorbable non-visible light that penetrates the human body up to 6 inches deep into the muscles, tissues, joints. HealthyLine Infrared heating pad intended to temporarily decrease pain and inflammation
- HOT STONE THERAPY - uses the placement of heated stones on the body to help relax tight muscles and increase local blood circulation where applied. This is a form of therapy commonly found in spa settings
- NEGATIVE IONS THERAPY - beneficial for improving your lung function for more efficient breathing, reducing insomnia symptoms through the production of serotonin, and releasing brain fog with supplemental oxygen flownty - 30 Day's free trial, 1-year free warranty, lifetime trade-in and upgrade policy - Over 500,000 satisfied customers to date
- DEEPLY SOOTHING RELIEF - intend to improve blood circulation and oxygen levels, provides temporary relief from joint pain, muscle stiffness, upper or lower back pain, pinches, soreness, spasms. Use on your neck, shoulders, back, knees, and legs
SeHeat offers a gemstone-based heating pad that claims to help reduce pain within seconds of use. The deep penetration of these mats helps reduce inflammation in afflicted areas and relaxes your muscles. Most people say they feel pain relief after one session, but it can be used multiple times to help combat some of the more chronic problems like arthritis.
- 15” x 19” x 0.5” in size, with 60 natural gemstones
- Jade gemstones that generate the infrared rays which offer 8 inches of deep muscle penetration
- Built-in protection from harmful EMF radiation
- 3-foot power cord
- Padding for extra comfort
- Temperature and Timer control
- Auto-shut off
- Memory Setting
Right away, I was impressed with the features of this mat. The auto-shutoff and memory settings make it very easy to use as there’s less fear of you forgetting to shut it off or not remembering the previous settings you used.
It’s also one of the most comfortable pads out there as it uses additional padding to cover up the hardness of the jade gemstones. It’s very nice to lie on but also works well as a back support on a chair.
This mat offers really good pain treatment for your back, but it’s not that flexible. As a result, it can be hard to target other areas of your body like your neck. But, for back pain sufferers, this isn’t going to be a problem.
- Gemstones convert heat into far infrared rays at an easily absorbable wavelength (4-16 µm) that can penetrate up to 8 inches deep into the body.
- They reduce pain almost immediately! By far the best home treatment devices you can use!
- Far infrared heat therapy is great for temporary relief of minor back pain, muscle spasms, symptoms of arthritis, and joint pain.
- Each mat has built-in protection from harmful electromagnetic fields.Easy to operate smart digital controller: With timer and temperature settings, auto shut-off, and memory function.
As with all far infrared heating pads, this offering from Back Rescue produces negative ions which penetrate 8 inches deep into your muscle tissue. This causes biochemical reactions that instantly help target tight muscles and iron out any knots. They’ve been making these mats for over 10 years and can boast over 70 jade gemstones inside as well.
- 21” x 31” (says it covers your whole back while laying down
- High-quality leather
- Heats up to 70 degrees Celsius in just five minutes
- Auto Shut off
- Very simple controller to adjust heat/time
- Comes with a carry bag
Again, you know how much I like the auto-shut off features on these mats, and you can configure this one to turn off after an hour, which makes it really good if you want to have a nap and combine some heat treatment at the same time.
As a trusted manufacturer, you expect nothing less than premium quality from their mats, and this certainly has that. The leather makes it feel like a quality product, and it’s very durable as well.
If you have soreness and pain on the front side of your body, then this can be a bit too heavy to drape over you – which also makes it hard to hit the shoulder, trapezius, and neck area. Also, while it may feel like a premium-quality product, it could perhaps be a little more comfortable.
- BACK RESCUE JADE MATS DELIVER AMAZING RESULTS! The infrared penetrates up to 6 inches, much deeper than cheap electric pads or thin carbon fiber. DON'T BE FOOLED, look at the power cord, if it's thin it cannot carry the amount of power needed to reduce pain.
- CHOOSE REAL JADE STONES: Jade stones produce the highest amount of infrared, Tourmaline is second best. Also jade stones are flat and comfortable, tourmaline stones are rounded and not comfortable to lie on, so CHOOSE WISELY
- THESE MATS ACTUALLY WORK! Heat is the only treatment that is proven to reduce pain, period. Imagine how you will feel when you relieve that awful back pain or other condition and WALK FREELY AGAIN! Infrared can also relieve fibromyalgia, arthritis or other serious conditions, plus the negative ions relieve stress and promote restful sleep.
- CHOOSE JADE INFRARED PADS RATHER THAN DANGEROUS DRUGS: Please don't damage your health, choose infrared instead. Massage Therapists, Chiropractors and Physical Therapist, all use these pads. One reason infrared heating pads work so well is they are in direct contact with your body to penetrate the tissues. Infrared saunas and red light lamps are not. Try it for yourself and see the results!
- NON EMF and 1 YEAR WARRANTY: We spend extra money for special coated wires that do not release EMF, a major health concern with overuse of electronic devices. We stand behind our product; we will replace the product if it malfunctions for any reason.
Another UTK offering and this is very much the more high-end version of their heating pad mad. It builds on a lot of what’s good about the other UTK product on this list, but with some added features and benefits. With a smart digital control, it’s so easy to see what settings you’re using and how to change them.
- 21” x 38” flexible mat
- Very low EMF radiation (less than your cell phone!)
- Precise Time and Heat settings that can be altered very specifically (heat can be changed by degree)
- 4-Hour auto shut-off time
- Memory Function
- Huge 10 ft cord
- Premium travel bag
With this UTK infrared heating pad, you get something that’s genuinely flexible and can be folded to contort to your body shape. It’s really effective at dealing with knee, hip, neck, and shoulder pain – along with standard back issues.
The settings are so easy to control, and you can be very precise when altering the heat settings. What’s more, the auto-shutoff time restricts how long you can use it for, which is helpful so you don’t overdo it.
Lastly, it may not seem like much, but the travel bag is really good quality. It adequately protects the pad, so you don’t have to worry about it being damaged between uses.
There’s only one slight disadvantage, and it’s the price. At over $250, this may be out of budget for some of you reading this.
- Much more denser stone layout, 132 natural Jade plus 54 Tourmaline Stones, increase heating area, moreover, additional tourmaline stones emits much more negative ions than pure jade pads, dramatically enhance therapeutic benefits.
- Tourmaline Stones own a lower SHC （Specific Heat Capacity） compare to jade, with 160 Watts Ouput, the stones layout would get heat up more prompt to reach your desired temperature.
- Smart Controller: with Timer(0-240mins by 15 mins increment) and Temperature settings(103-159℉ by 1℉ ), and with memory function to save your desired temperature, once and for all time.
- Flexibility. We improve the flexibility of this pad in a large range by adopt more amount of stones in tinier size. You now can wrap this pad on stomach, hip, lumbar, or leg, arm.
- 1 year manufacturer's warranty for pad and all accessories. We provide 24x7 customer service, and we make all effort to reach your satisfaction.
Best Far Infrared Heating Pad FAQ
Q: Do heating pads emit EMF?
A: Yes, electric heating pads do emit EMF. This is why you should opt for an infrared heating pad instead.
What’s the difference?
Well, far infrared heating pad create heat with FIR (Far Infrared Rays), which is able to go pass the skin’s surface and target the soft tissue and muscles underneath.
Q: Can I sleep with heating pad?
A: Absolutely not with an electric heating pad! You’d run the risk of burning your skin as it can get quite hot. There should be a manufacturer’s warning that tells you this on the product label.
With an far infrared heating pad, it would only feel warm to the touch. Even so, we would NOT recommend to go to sleep with any heating pad turned on for the entire night. You never know what can happen and we should always try not to burn the house down.
Q: Can infrared light give you cancer?
A: The short answer is: no.
According to Health Physics Society, with respect to skin cancer specifically, it is not expected from exposure to infrared rays.
What you can get instead is thermal injury, even if you don’t feel pain.
In turn, this damage can decrease your body’s DNA repair function, which would promote skin cancer caused by other things.
Q: Is infrared heat good for arthritis? How about back pain?
A: 1000% yes! Infrared heat is good for all types of muscle soreness, joint stiffness, as well as general aches and pain.
How does it work?
Well, the FIR (Far Infrared Ray) heat gently penetrates through your skin and targets your muscles and soft tissues underneath. It reduces inflammation by opening up the blood vessels so the right amount of oxygen can be carried to the deep tissues that need healing.
Q:Does Jade emit infrared?
A: Yes, this natural stone is rich with trace elements that emits negative ions, which neutralizes the positive particles that come from devices that emit EMF.
That’s why you see jade used in so many alternative healing practices, including many infrared pads that are made of jade stones.
How to Use a Far Infrared Heating Pad
If you’ve never used an infrared pad before, this YouTube video does a nice job of covering the basics of how they work:
All of these far infrared heating pads are effective at delivering pain relief deep into your muscle fibers.
One of the underlying benefits with all of them is that they offer a low EMF heating pad that protects you from harmful radiation.
Feel free to check out each product and decide which one is best for you based on their individual features, prices, and how you aim to use your pad.
Hopefully, the review of the 5 best far infrared heating pads will make your decision easier, and you can arrive at a more educated conclusion!