EMF-Risks may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The Best EMF Meter Detectors 2020 Reviewed
Many experts believe that even low levels of radiation produced by devices such as your cell phone, laptop or tablet can have dangerous consequences. It can increase the chances of radiation damage and has even been linked to tumors.
If you or your loved ones have been experiencing sensitivity to EMFs, it is important to be able to check the levels of radiation from different electronic devices. This is particularly crucial if there are TV or FM towers near your home.
The best way to check radiation levels is with the best EMF meters.
Not all EMF meters are accurate, therefore it is important that you use only the best radiation detectors to check the levels of EMF radiation around you in order to protect yourself and your family from its harmful effects.
An accurate detector will show you the radiation levels in your area down to the volt, in a meter radius. The best radiation detectors do not show readings in multiples of 2’s or 5’s, but by V/m (volt per meter) and even down to the decimal point.
The top EMF detectors available on the market can provide accurate readings and let you know whether you are being exposed to higher levels of harmful radiation.
- EMF Meter Comparison Table
- Best EMF Meters
- What Are EMF Meters?
- Types Of EMF Meters
- Best EMF Meter For The Money
- EMF Meters Video
EMF Meter Comparison Table
We go over each unit in our roundup of the best EMF detectors below, but for those in a hurry here are the meters we looked at:
|EDITOR’S CHOICE||1. Acoustimeter RF Meter Model AM-10||Check Price|
|RUNNER UP||2. TriField EMF Meter Model TF2||Check Price|
|3. Cornet ED-88TPlus EMF/RF Detector||Check Price|
|4. Meterk EMF Meter Electromagnetic Field Radiation Detector||Check Price|
|5. HF-B3G Triple Axis HF RF Power Meter||Check Price|
Best EMF Meters
To help you with your search, we’ve reviewed the top EMF meters for consumer use. We have compared the specifications of the various devices on the market and also combed through user reviews for real-world applications. Based on that, here are our picks for EMF detectors worth considering:
This is by far the most expensive EMF reader on our list. However, the powerful tool certainly provides fantastic value for your money.
Using the Acoustimeter AM-10, you can measure radiation from cellphones, FM towers, TV towers and much more. It will provide accurate readings of RF power and includes a soft carry case to keep the system safe.
What separates it from some of the cheaper units in our roundup is that the AM-10 can even detect very weak electromagnetic signals that could still have an impact on your health.
Best High-End EMF Meter
The Acoustimeter AM-10 is our choice for the best high-end EMF detector. One of the best advantages of this device is that it can be used to measure data from a variety of sources including issues you might not be aware of in your home.
For instance, you use it check for an oven or microwave leakage. As well as this, the batteries are long-lasting and will provide fantastic 15-20 hours of use. The metering system will also detect all high frequency within a 200MHz to an 8GHz range.
The only issue with the device is that it’s so accurate it could terrify you. You’ll probably discover there’s a lot more radiation around you than you realized. It can even help you find a safe place to live if you are looking for a new place to call home.
Acoustimeter RF Meter Model AM-10 Features
- High-quality durable system
- Incredibly accurate readings you can trust
- Long-lasting battery life
- Can be used to measure a range of different radiation sources
- Measures electromagnetic radiation from mobile phones, Wi-Fi, base stations, most TV towers & more
- Harvard Pediatrician says thousands of papers document health and neurological impacts of RF/EMF
- Extra sensitive: measures from 0.01 to 6.0 V/m. Wide frequency range: 200 MHz to 8 GHz
- Easy to use and small enough to carry in pocket or bag.
- Includes soft carry-case, instructions, battery, 2-year Warranty.
Coming in at roughly half the cost of the Acoustimeter, this product provides fantastic value for money.
The design is incredibly user-friendly and has a clear setting so that you can see the standard, weighted and RF that different devices are emitting. As such, you will be able to detect the three main types of EMF pollution.
The TF2 system provides a large, clear LCD display that shows the full levels that are impacting any particular area. It also has a sound feature that you can use to directly pinpoint the source of the radiation.
Furthermore, it is equipped to measure fast pulses that other EMFs are not. This device has a large range too of 19.999 Mw.
Best Mid-Price EMF Meter
The Trifield TF2 is our pick for the best mid-priced EMF detector. Ultimately this is a modern, high-quality device that can provide you all the information that you need, even after a quick glance at it.
One thing we liked about the Trifield TF2 was that the Peak Hold feature will reset after every three seconds rather than needing to be switched on and off like other devices.
It’s a brilliant tool that can be used when apartment hunting or to make sure that property you’re considering purchasing is safe.
It has a highly sensitive magnetic field detector which makes it the perfect choice when looking for sources of radiations around a particular area.
TriField EMF Meter Model TF2 Features
- Great value for money
- Highly sensitive for finding sources of radiation
- Modern design ensures reading results are easy for every user
- Great Peak Hold feature provides an automated reset
- Detects all three types of EMF pollution: AC magnetic, AC electric, and RF/microwave
- Peak Hold captures fast pulses, for measuring fast digital signals
- 3-axis AC magnetic field, 1-axis AC electric field, 1-axis RF (reads all existing 5G, etc.)
- Fast indicator bar quickly shows hot spots, and adjustable backlight
- 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty
One of the benefits that stood out to us of the Cornet ED-88TPlus is that its rechargeable. That means you won’t have to worry about providing new batteries all the time.
With this piece of equipment, you get two devices in one with a radio frequency detector and a magnetic field detector. Another key feature is that this device will record data automatically.
While you might have issues with the fact that this does not provide a 3 axis measurement, this simply means that you need to turn the device around in a circle yourself to get a full reading. If you do this, it can still provide the same level of cover as a similar EMF system but for a far lower price.
This EMF Meter reader also provides a variety of buttons that make it easier to operate, compared with the more typical simple nozzle and on or off switch.
While this unit does offer a stunning range of features, it does include a Peak Hold system and the ability to capture the RF emitting frequency. This means that you can find out which source is causing the issue from a variety of signals that could be impacting your reading.
So, the ED-88TPlus would be useful if you are measuring electromagnetic waves for devices that are close to one another.
For instance, you might have a variety of devices in your kitchen that could be causing an issue such as microwaves and ovens. With this device, you’ll know which one you need to worry about.
The Cornet unit also arrives with a hard case to protect the system when not in use or when you are transporting it. The case is secure and designed to withstand drops or knocks.
Ultimately, then this device could be fantastic to use. It has the latest tech to provide fantastic graphics that will be useful when you are trying to get an accurate reading. With a colored LED, histograms and high-water mark all included features, you can get a great deal of use with this tech.
Cornet ED-88TPlus Features
- A quality system that provides the latest graphic
- Delivered with a high-quality carry case for protection
- Useful for measuring device outputs that are close to one another
- Includes Free Safe Living Technologies Inc. Hard Shell Zipper Case!
- Basic Radio Frequency Detector (100 MHz - 8 GHz), Magnetic Field Detector (50 Hz - 10 kHz), Electric Field Detector(50 Hz - 50 kHz)
- This meter also provides sound signature analysis and a frequency counter (100 MHz - 2.7 GHz) for dominent Radio Frequency measurements which will help identify sources of Radio Frequency Radiation.
- 9V Alkaline Battery or Externally Powered through USB Port (5V)
- Data Logging/Recording of 1000 measured data automatically
Don’t let the price of this device fool you. It certainly still packs a punch and provides you with the features that you need to check an environment that is safe.
The display, while the standard is clear and there are a couple of buttons that you can use to flick through the different settings. Battery-powered, the device will still last for a good amount of time without it needing a new power source and the bulky exterior ensures that it is safe from drops or breakages.
You can use this device to test both the electrical field and the magnetic field at the same time and it comes with a range of useful features.
For instance, it has a sound alert system that can be used to find the source of radiation and a backlight so that it can be used in dimly lit environments such as the garage. Furthermore, the device will tell you when the system is running low on battery.
Best Budget EMF Meter
The Cornet ED-88TPlus is our choice for the best budget EMF detector. For the price, this is an absolute steal and will serve you well.
This device is designed to be used for high levels of radiation, rather than the typical amounts that you might find around your home that can be sourced from radio devices such as your cellphone.
It operates on 30 to 300 hz., so if you’re looking for something that will measure radiation from your cell or wireless router, this isn’t an effective option.
However, it can be useful for virtually every other type of device. For instance, you might have an electric meter outside your home. This device will tell you whether it is transmitting radiation into your home.
Meters EMF Meter Features
- Cheap with a wide range of features
- Easy to use and operate
- Measures a wide range of radiation from different devices
- Clear display that can be used in various environments
- Completely portable
- EMF Meter Function - Testing the magnetic field for home use mainly.
- Measure Radiation - of TV, induction cooker, rice cooker, refrigerator, computer, for low-frequency home appliances, electrical wires, etc.
- Sound-light Alarm * When the test result exceeds the safe value, the instrument will alarm automatically.
- Data Hold & Max Measurement - One-key lock the radiation value.
- Large & Clear LCD Display - of the values for easy reading.
As the name suggests, this piece of equipment does have a three-axis capability. That simply means that you won’t need to turn around to get a full reading. Instead, you can stay in one position and still get a full, accurate reading.
The HF-B3G can be used to read radiation from a full range of sources including cell towers, wifi systems, microwaves, and Bluetooth tech. With an RF range of 38mV, this will suit most uses and the manual data system can record a variety of issues.
A great feature of this detector is that you can actually download this data so that you can use or view it on another device. It has a great level of accuracy too, so you won’t have to worry about issues around you that could remain unforeseen.
The system also has a 9v battery that is external and therefore easy to replace.
HF-B3G Triple Axis HF RF Power Meter Features
- Suitable for downloading data
- Will rate all types of radiation from different sources
- Highly accurate
- Three-axis provides a complete reading
- Reliable meter for measuring RF and HF Radiation from sources such as Cell Phones, Cell Towers, Smart meters, Wifi modems
- Can be operated by both beginner and advanced users; beginners should measure µW/cm2, while advanced users can use V/m or µW/m2 as their unit of measurement
- For an environment to be considered "safe", your readings should not exceed 0.003 µW/cm2 (or equivalent for a different unit)
- Directional characteristic: Isotropic, triaxial.Measurement range selection: one continuous range.
- Free technical support provided for every purchase; beginner's guide available for download in this listing
What Are EMF Meters?
EMF meters are instruments used to measure electromagnetic fields (aka EMF). Typical EMF meters detect the electromagnetic or EMF radiation flux density (from direct current fields) or the variation in an electromagnetic field over time (from alternating current fields).
This is very similar to a radio antenna at a basic level, but with very different field detection characteristics.
Types Of EMF Meters
The two biggest types of meters are the single axis and tri-axis varieties. In general, the single-axis EMF meters cost less than the more expensive tri-axis ones. However, the trade-off is that they usually are slower at completing a survey of fields.
That is because the single-axis meters can only read one dimension of the field. As a result, single-axis meters need to be turned and tilted through all three different axes to complete a full measurement. The more expensive tri-axis models are much more convenient in that they can read all three axes at the same time.
Best EMF Meter For The Money
Here are the top EMF Meters on Amazon:
EMF Meters Video
Here is a video discussing the benefits of an EMF Meter:
We hope this helps you find the best EMF meters for your needs. As you can see, there are a variety of different options on the market that you can consider choosing.
This will largely depend on your needs. Some will provide readings on devices that produce radio waves while others will not. Typically a higher-priced system will be more accurate however you’ll be surprised how great cheaper devices can be for everyday use and portability.