EMF-Risks may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Top Low EMF Hair Dryers
While many people associate cell phones and wifi routers with EMF radiation (and rightfully so), far fewer consider the other appliances in their life that generate EMF. And for those suffering from electromagnetic hypersensitivity, one of the worst has to be a standard hair dryer.
With any device that generates EMF, the amount of radiation that hits you is related to your distance from the source. The rule of thumb is, the further you are away the safer you are. But with a hair dryer you are holding a high-wattage heating element close to your head – often for significant periods of time.
Given this fact, it makes sense to look for a low-EMF hair dryer that will minimize your exposure. Thankfully, a number of manufacturers recognize the dangers of EMF emissions, and have built low-EMF blow dryers as an alternative.
- Low EMF Blow Dryer Comparison
- Best Low EMF Blow Dryers
- Additional Low EMF Hair Dryer Options
- What Is EMF Radiation?
- Do Hair Dryers Create EMF Radiation?
- Low EMF Hair Dryer Videos
Low EMF Blow Dryer Comparison
We look at the specifics of the low EMF hair dryers below, but for those of you in a hurry here is a quick reference chart:
|EDITOR’S CHOICE||1. Shield Life EMFreedom Hair Dryer||Check Price|
|RUNNER UP||2. Elchim 3900||Check Price|
|3. Solano Super||Check Price|
|4. Karmin G3 Salon Pro||Check Price|
Best Low EMF Blow Dryers
We’ve combed through the top hair dryers that claim to be low EMF, to help you find the right one. As with all products in the low EMF realm, there is an element of subjectivity, as the end users all have varying degrees of sensitivity to EMF radiation. But with that said, here are our top picks:
- EMF SHIELDING TECHNOLOGY - The patented EMF shielding technology blocks up to 75% of harmful EMF from irradiating your hair and head. The reduced EMF exposure maximizes shine and silkiness while controlling frizz. The EMF shielding minimizes cellular damage to your hair and invigorates follicles to maximize hair health and strength.
- LIGHTWEIGHT EFFICIENT MOTOR - The EMFreedom is powered by a powerfully efficient 1800W motor that generates a safe level of heat to style and set your hair, while minimizing the damaging effects of extreme heat.
- CERAMIC INFRARED TECHNOLOGY - Look and feel amazing as the Ceramic infrared heating technology in the EMFreedom allows you to dry your hair faster and increasing shine and sheen. The infrared heat effectively styles and sets your hair while safely keeping your hair from losing valuable moisture and vitamins.
- NEGATIVE ION SPRING - The proprietary negative ion spring technology maximizes moisture retention in your hair while helping maintain optimal levels of natural oils to keep your hair healthy and beautiful.
- MULTIPLE HEAT AND SPEED SETTINGS - Style and set your hair with multiple heat and speed settings to match your needs. From the "after-show-dry" to the "going out tonight" blowout.
- PRO ITALIAN DESIGN: Elchim turbo hair dryers are designed with powerful Italian AC electric motors
- SMOOTH SALON QUALITY: Achieve hydrating salon level shine with our nourishing anti static hairdryers
- FAST AIR FLOW: Quiet yet quick, our lightweight full size blow-dryer can cut down drying time by 30%
- HEAT PROTECTION: Far infrared protects hair from getting too hot and cold air finish button included
- CONCENTRATORS INCLUDED: Heavy duty blow dryer comes with concentrator set for perfect beauty styling
- 3 Temperature and 2 Speed settings with cold shot button
- low EMF for improved environmental conditions
- Lightweight DC motor
- Removeable filter. Extra long power cord with hang ring
- Includes 2 concentrators
- Long-Life 1875W AC Motor
- 2 Speed Settings
- Cool Shot
- 2 Narrow Nozzle attachments PLUS Diffuser
- Low EMF
5. CHI Pro Dryer
Additional Low EMF Hair Dryer Options
While the 5 items above are our top picks, they are not the only options on the market. Below are a few more low EMF dryers you might want to consider:
- AMAXY OFFER FREE REPLACEMENT IF ANY PART OF YOUR HAIR DRYERS EVER BREAKS IN ONE YEAR FROM PURCHASE DATE. NO QUESTION ASK! WE ARE SO CONFIDENT THAT YOU WILL LOVE YOUR AMAXY HAIR DRYER SO YOU CAN SEE THE POSITIVE IMPACT ON YOUR HAIR..
- NO. 1 RECOMMENDED HAIR DRYER FOR HEALTHIER HAIR AND SALON PRO- ENERGY EFFICIENT WITH THERAPEUTIC FUNCTION. IT USE REAL INFRARED LIGHT TO GENERATE HEAT INSTEAD OF COIL AND PRODUCE NO RADIATION FOR HEALTHY HAIR AND LIFE
- THE EVOLUTIONARY INFRA-CERAMIC BLOW DRYER, COMBINED WITH OUR PATENTED HONEYCOMB-SHAPED HEATING ELEMENT AND TWIN DEEP-PENETRATING INFRARED LIGHT TECHNOLOGY, DISTRIBUTES HEAT EVENLY INTO HAIR AND SCALP WITH THERAPEUTICALLY EFFECTS, RESULTING IN REPAIR OF DAMAGED AND PROCESSED HAIR AND ALSO PREVENTING HAIR LOSS IN EARLY STAGES.
- WITH THE INTEGRATION OF THE HONEYCOMB COMPONENT WITHIN THE DRYER, HAIR DRYING TIME IS CUT IN HALF WHILE INFRARED LIGHTS EMITTED FROM WITHIN THE DRYER HEALS DAMAGED HAIR.
- RADIATION FREE < < < DIFFERENT FROM TRADITIONAL HAIR DRYER, AMAXY ABANDONED RESISTANCE WIRE HEATING THAT CAN RELEASE HIGH RADIATION. INSTEAD, ADOPTS BIOCERAMIC TECHNOLOGY TO GENERATE FAR INFRARED AND REALIZE ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION FREE, BEST FOR PREGNANT AND KIDS
- Only Black available
What Is EMF Radiation?
EMF, or Electromagnetic Fields, is not a new phenomenon. Although, modern technological advancements throughout the 20th and 21st centuries have certainly caused an increase in environmental exposure to artificial (man-made) EMFs.
Many things that exist in the natural world produce their own electromagnetic fields, including your own body. These natural fields have a low intensity level, so often go unnoticed; however, higher intensity levels of these electromagnetic fields are produced every day by technology, and can actually cause serious health risks if people aren’t aware and careful.
Within the human body, tiny electrical currents are constantly firing off different chemical reactions to work with normal bodily functions, even when there is no exposure to man-made EMFs. Nerves are constantly communicating signals through the use of electric impulses, so our bodies are used to these natural fields.
Do Hair Dryers Create EMF Radiation?
Yes – any item that has voltage emanates an electric field. This encompasses a wide range of objects, including:
- Electrical wiring
- Extension cords
- Electrical appliances – like hair dryers
The electrical communication that occurs naturally within your body can be affected by electromagnetic fields. For example, the ability of your brainwaves and neurons to communicate can become interrupted. And while lamps and outlets are also generating EMF radiation, you don’t typically hold them against your head for extended periods of time. But a hair dryer is designed to be used in proximity to your brain, so finding a low EMF blow dryer should be a priority.
Can EMFs Create Health Problems?
There has never been any question that frequent, extended exposure to RF radiation can cause health concerns. This occurs even with natural radiation, like when we get sunburned from being outside for too long with exposure to UV rays. Pregnant women shouldn’t have X-Rays because it could prove harmful to the growing fetus.
Public concern about the safety of wireless wavelengths has increased over recent years. Within the last decade, sources of electromagnetic fields have become a major focus of studies and health concerns. Previously trusted everyday objects such as mobile phones, radars, televisions, and even microwaves were called into question about how safe they truly are. Too much of anything is never good, but this is especially true when you are dealing with radiation.
Effects of EMF on General Health
With recent research, people are attribute a diverse selection of negative symptoms to this harmful radiation. While hard scientific evidence does not currently support a direct link between these symptoms and exposure to EMF as environmental factors do play a role, there have certainly been enough cases to see the damage it is doing. Headaches and loss of libido are just the start of it – here are some of the common effects that people have experienced:
Imagine just being chronically irritated – doesn’t sound fun, does it? EMF health risks include behavioral changes that can negatively impact your everyday life, such as altering your sleep cycle and stress levels.
Chronic exposure to a high amount of low frequency EMF can cause you to experience insomnia, depression, and anxiety. These awful symptoms are things that some people fight every day, and they can take a toll on your emotional well-being. You may also notice that your brain is foggy more often, and you may struggle with dizziness and even hormone imbalances – which is a whole other roller coaster of issues.
Due to your sleep cycles and your stress levels being altered, it is not uncommon to experience chronic fatigue as a side effect of EMF exposure. Feeling exhausted day in and day out creates a huge hinderance for you. To counter this, try exposing yourself to negative ions by spending time near moving water or keeping a Himalayan salt lamp in your room.
EMF can cause symptoms that appear as fibromyalgia, as the symptoms are very similar to electrosensitivity. People who are electrosensitive often don’t even realize it, but they experience heightened symptoms after being close to radiation generated by electricity. Digestive problems, headaches, joint and muscle pain, and a compromised immune system are all common symptoms of this that can add on to each other and become unbearable.
Effects on Pregnancy
Scientists, physicians, and other public health professionals are joining together to show the concerning effects of wireless radiation exposure throughout a pregnancy. Here are some of the negative effects associated with this:
- Accelerated sexual maturity, where sperm and eggs in offspring mature more quickly but with a decrease in quality
- Decrease in birth rate
- Slower motor skill development
This radiation alters cell growth, and while no specific mechanism that emits an ELF-EMF has been directly linked to causing cancer, there are instances where it can alter other parts of someone’s body to make them more susceptible to the disease.
There are several ways that EMF radiation can lead to cancer, such as by reducing the natural hormone levels of melatonin in a person’s body, which decreases their ability to prevent certain tumors from developing. Fortunately, there is a lot of effort being directed towards studying the connection between this and cancer, so hopefully the long term negative effects can be decreased within the near future.
EMF radiation may also have its hand in causing dementia. These fields will damage DNA, which is what causes cancer, but they also damage certain neurons in the brain which has been linked to negatively affecting a person’s learning abilities as well as memory loss. These are very serious symptoms, which not a lot of people have heard about.
Low EMF Hair Dryer Videos
Here is a good YouTube video by someone demonstrating a ceramic hair dryer: