Top PEMF Mats And Therapy Devices
We spend a lot of time on this site discussing the dangers of unwanted EMF radiation, and looking at ways of protecting you and your family from its harmful effects. But as part of that discussion it is important to look at positive uses of electromagnetic fields. And one of the primary beneficial applications of EMF is Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy.
Is Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy Dangerous?
One question I get a lot is “Is Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy dangerous?” and in this post I hope to answer this question with a simple Yes or No answer. To start this though, I should explain what Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy (Forever now known as PEMF to save my sanity…) is and how it works.
Pulsed Electromagnetic Fields have always existed, in fact the Earth is constantly generating one, in basis, we are always exposed to a pulsating field of electromagnetic energy. However, due to the broad spectrum of other Electromagnetic Fields that currently inhabit the air; the effects of the PEMF are lost in so much “Static Electromagnetic energy”. For a large amount of human history, we were unaware of the benefits this PEMF was generating, the realization dawned on scientists after the first few successful space missions due to the effects that extended time in space were having on astronauts.
Upon return to earth, many astronauts were noted with symptoms of depression, bone loss, decreased metabolism, impaired perception and muscle degeneration. Initially, Scientists were baffled; with nothing to work with they could not explain what was causing these rather extreme symptoms. After a period of extensive study however, it came to light that the PEMF created by the earth was integral to the well being of the human body.
It was shown that the Earths magnetism is essential in the upkeep of our body’s cells, helping to maintain the cellular health. Without it, symptoms like chronic fatigue and exhaustion can become commonplace, meaning that we need regular exposure to PEMF.
Benefits of PEMF Machines
However, as I stated earlier, the earth’s PEMF is mostly lost in the mass of Electromagnetic fields we have created with modern technology, so scientists realized we needed to find an alternate means to increase our exposure to PEMF’s. Through this, came the very first PEMF device, which according to Scientists would carry the following benefits:
- Improves sleeping patterns, allowing for a deeper, more restful sleep.
- Aids in Nerve regeneration if they are damaged.
- Helps to detoxify the body.
- Enhances the body’s natural resistances by boosting the white cell count in the body.
- Increases Bone density.
- Increases pain threshold.
- Helps the body to close wounds at an advanced rate.
- Enhances circulation.
- Improves mental clarity.
Best PEMF Machines
There are a number of PEMF devices available to consumers. One type is PEMF mats which are great for treating pain across the large area of your back. Other types of PEMF equipment are smaller units that are designed to provide spot therapy in specific locations where you experience pain. Here are some of the top PEMF machines available:
Best PEMF Mats
- OMI PEMF Mat similar to Medithera Home, iMRS 2000, Omnium1, BEMER and QRS PEMF
- 18 Layers with Thick Entire Mat Layer of Jewelry Grade Untreated Natural Amethyst Gems from Korea and Brazil. 21 pounds of Crystal per Mat. Highest Value in the Industry. Heavy Duty Industrial Grade Parts and Materials. 1 Year Warranty. 10-20 Years Life Span
- Emits Far-infrared Heat and Negative Ions. Blocks Electromagnetic Radiation. Features Advanced EMF Free Titanium Heating System with 7 Levels of Adjustable Heat 86-168 F. Original Korean Quality. No Harmful Emissions, Smell or Off-Gas
- 3 New Functions (Static and VLF PEMF Pulsed Magnetic, Monochromic Red Light Bio Photons). Great for Relaxation, All Night Sleep, Anti Stress, Skin, Bones, Nerves, Joints, Tendons Rejuvenation and Strength
- Promotes Healthy and Active Lifestyle Important to Do Sports, Detoxify Body, Control Weight, Fight Sicknesses, Relieve Minor Pains and Maintain Good Shape and Mood for Any Age
- FIR Heat, Hot Stone Therapy and PEMF are Investigated and Studied by Doctors and Scientists to Improve Blood Circulation and Immune System. Widely Used in Traditional Medicine for Wellness and General Well-being
- The main layer of ThermoGem 3 Gems Mini Mat 20 components system consists of thousands of Untreated, Unpainted, 100% Natural Tumbled Crystals of Purple Amethyst ( 2 lb ) from South America, Natural Green Jade from China Xiuyan county ( 0.8 lb ), Natural (not ceramic) Black Tourmaline from China Lingshou county ( 0.8 lb ) and 38 hexagon shaped Ceramic Tourmaline disks. Mini has 12 x 660 Nm Wavelength Red Light LEDs and 3 x PEMF Coils with 50-100 Gauss intensity 10Hz Pulsation Bio Magnetic Fields
- Mini mat is portable and easy to handle. Total 4.6 pounds of crystals and ceramics generate Radiant Crystal Rays, Deep Impact FIR Heat. Amethyst and Jade crystals isolate and concentrate healing Infrared rays in the most body absorbable wave length range 4-16 µm able to penetrate up to 8 inches deep into the body. Tourmaline stones and ceramics are famous for pyroelectric ability to naturally generate Negative Ions upon heat distortion. Red Light Phototherapy rejuvenates skin throughout the body
- The mat conducts negative ions directly to the body to restore the natural electrical field of organs and cells. Anions, FIR and PEMF help to relieve stress, anxiety, fatigue and depression, relax and bring you the feeling of well-being. PUBMED publications show that these healing technologies may bring immediate soothing for joint, muscle and soft tissues pains and stiffness, reduce arthritis, rheumatism, lyme, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis symptoms, insomnia, sport trauma, minor strains
- Hot Stone FIR and PEMF therapy may help to live well with sicknesses, detoxify body, enhance lymphatic drainage, burn fat and control weight. It encourages Serotonin, Enzymes, and Heat Shock Proteins biosynthesis, improves metabolism, blood circulation and immune system. Using this mat at higher temperatures can reverse hypothermia associated with poor immunity caused by chronic maladies and cancer. The lower temperature sessions will help you to restore healthy sleeping and all-night rest
- This Mat heating system is EMF FREE ( < 2mG) with overheat protection and digital controller to operate PEMF and Red Light, set and maintain 86°-158°F (30°-70°C) heating temperature with 8 hours auto-shut off timer. Power input is 110-120V/60 Hz, 130W. The mat is 10 pounds, 32x20 inch with the FIR heating area 26x15 inch. The surface is luxurious bicolor tan heat resistant eco-leather and mesh fabric. Manufacturer is FDA registered to make Class II, 510(k) exempt devices (medical heating pads)
Best PEMF Devices
- Genuine SOTA Product-The Magnetic Pulser, developed and sold by SOTA Instruments for over 22 years
- Pulsed Magnetic Fields help balance the body's natural electricity for energy & well-being
- Two Modes: Choose from Regular or Fast at the touch of a button
- DC PEMF Unit: The SOTA Magnetic Pulser is a direct current, pulsed electromagnetic field unit
- Includes unit, carrying case, and wall adaptor-everything is included
- MediCrystal Belt is the smallest size multilayer Far Infrared Amethyst mat with 18x8 inch heating area. Helps to improve blood circulation, boost metabolism and immunity
- Contains around 1 pound of crushed and tumbled 100% natural untreated Amethyst crystals from South America and 4 oz of Natural Black Tourmaline. Fits waist from 24 to 48 inch, the strap is 55 inches long
- Emits Negative ions and Far-infrared deep penetration heat in the most body absorbable wave length range 4-16 µm. Enhances Serotonin, Enzymes, and Heat Shock Proteins biosynthesis. Delivers pulsation Bio Magnetic Fields (PEMF) to enhance efficiency and heal pains resistant to standard heating therapy
- Great for minor strains, back, muscular and carpal tunnel pains relief. Helps to get rid of visceral and abdominal fat caused by digestion organs hypothermia
- The FIR PEMF Amethyst Tourmaline Heating Pad may be used without the belt attachment to focus infrared, anion, magnetic therapy on specific areas as knee, shoulder, elbow, joints, or other parts of the body
- PEMF Therapy Ring with Controller
- Oska Pulse addresses the source of pain, anywhere on your body, and accelerates the body's natural anti-inflammatory response. Oska Pulse is eligible for Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account reimbursement.
- This is not a TENS device and does not provide immediate relief - consistent use is required. Instead of just blocking pain, Oska Pulse works at the cellular level to provide longer term pain relief, increase circulation, reduce inflammation and improve mobility.
- Oska Pulse uses Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Technology to boost the body's ability to repair injured cells. Oska Pulse does not need to be in direct contact with the skin to be effective and there is no tingling or sensitivity.
- 100% drug-free Oska Pulse is an FDA-registered alternative to opioids for the ongoing relief of back, knee, neck, joint, muscle and chronic pain. There are no known side effects and it cannot be overused.
- Oska Pulse is eligible for Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account reimbursement.
How Do Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy Devices Work?
How does the PEMF machine work then? As each pulse of electromagnetic energy runs through the body, it improves the cells micro-circulation, simultaneously increasing the blood flow and amount of oxygen available to each cell, which in turn improves the electron transport chain efficiency. In turn this causes the ATP in cells to increase, making them function at optimal levels, making the body expel toxins, absorb nutrients and produce more energy.
As you can see, the potential benefits from this treatment perfectly combats the symptoms many of the Astronauts claimed to be suffering from when being away from earth for extended periods of time. So perhaps, these devices are the way forward? Perhaps, but first, are there any side effects and is it safe?
As a large plus for the therapy, there are no recorded side effects of PEMF therapy; however it is advised if you fit any of the following descriptions, that you should not use PEMF:
- If you are pregnant.
- If you posses any organ transplants.
- If you have a pacemaker or any other electrical implants.
Or, if you fit any of these descriptions, you should check with your Doctor before using a PEMF device:
- If you suffer from epilepsy.
- If you suffer from any serious fungal or bacterial infections.
- Running a Fever higher than 100.5 Degrees Fahrenheit (38 Degrees Celsius)
Secondly, it has been proven that a PEMF has no adverse effects on the human body regardless of age, so it is safe to use on young children and babies. However, many patients have claimed feelings of discomfort for the first time they use PEMF therapy, but rest assured that this feeling is purely due to the detoxification effects of the PEMF which leaves and uncomfortable feeling as toxins are expelled.
Speaking of how you may feel when receiving PEMF therapy, most people claim to feel nothing, however do not be surprised if you feel a slight tingling sensation from the electrical static produced by the PEMF. Others have claimed that whilst receiving PEMF treatment they experienced stress relief as the treatment progressed, so if you are a highly stressed individual (like myself) this may just be the thing for you.
As a side note, if you do choose to use PEMF therapy, many experts recommend drinking water before and after the therapy, so as when your body begins to expel toxins, it will not mistakenly reabsorb them in place of other cells that the water can provide.
Pulsed Electromagnetic Therapy Video
PEMF is definitely growing in popularity. Here is a YouTube video of the therapy being discussed on the Dr. Oz show:
So now I can return to the question I posed at the beginning of this article, “Is Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy dangerous?” In short, No. From all the evidence I have seen and read, there seems to be no immediate damage caused by PEMF. If in fact, this is just an artificially recreated version of the Earths own Pulsed Electromagnetic Field, then I can understand why we aren’t being damaged by it; after all we did evolve under its effects.
However, simply because I haven’t found a negative to PEMF treatment, it doesn’t mean there isn’t one, it simply means I couldn’t find it. But for now, it looks like a simple way to help your body recharge and work at an optimal level, so I will not boycott it. If you do choose to use it, please leave a comment or let me know how you got on, I’d love to hear from you!