There’s been a lot of debate lately about whether or not it’s bad to fall asleep with AirPods in. Some people say that it can cause hearing damage while others claim that it’s perfectly safe.
So, what’s the truth? Is it bad to fall asleep with AirPods in? In this blog post, we will take a closer look at the risks and benefits of falling asleep with AirPods in. We will also provide some tips for avoiding potential damage to your ears.
Risks Associated with Sleeping with AirPods in
There are a few risks or adverse effects associated with sleeping with AirPods in, which is why it’s important to be aware of them before you make the decision to do so. These include:
- You might lose them: If you fall asleep with your AirPods in, there’s a chance that you could lose them. This is because they can fall out of your ears while you’re asleep, and if you’re not careful, they could end up getting lost.
- Ear infections: Sleeping with AirPods in can also lead to ear infections. This is because the AirPods can trap bacteria and moisture in your ears which can then lead to a bacterial infection.
- Hearing damage: Airpods can also cause hearing damage if you sleep with them for an extended period of time. This is because AirPods can produce loud sounds and, if you’re exposed to them for too long, it could potentially damage your hearing.
- Ear damage: In addition to potentially causing hearing damage, sleeping with AirPods in can also cause ear damage and ear wax build-up. The damage is because the AirPods can put concentrated pressure on your eardrums which can lead to pain and discomfort.
- Disturbed sleep: If you sleep with AirPods in, it’s also possible that your sleep could be disrupted. This is because the constant sound of the AirPods can keep you from being able to achieve the feeling of fullness in relaxation and, as a result, you might not be able to get a good night’s quality sleep.
- Blocked out external noises: While this might be seen as a positive by some, it’s important to note that blocking out external noises can also be a negative. This is because if you’re sleeping with AirPods in, you might not be able to hear things like fire alarms or other important external sounds. With AirPods in, you might miss a smoke alarm or something else important.
Best Practices to Sleep With AirPods in
If you’re one of those people who likes to sleep with wireless earbuds in, you’ve probably tried it with AirPods before. While there’s nothing wrong with doing this, there are a few things you can do to make sure you’re getting the most comfortable and safe experience possible. Here are a few tips:
- Keep the volume low. This will help you avoid damaging your hearing and disturbing your sleep. As per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, playing music through ear headphones, AirPods, or anything else near to the ear beyond 105 – 110 decibels (dB) can cause hearing loss in as little as 5 minutes.
- The highest volume level of your personal listening device, such as a headset, is roughly 105 – 110 dB. As a result, lowering the volume to roughly half will reduce the (dB) to a more acceptable level and will help in protecting your ears.
- Use a soft, comfortable material to cover the Apple AirPods. This will help you avoid discomfort and keep them clean.
- Sleep on your stomach or back when you have your AirPods in. This will help you avoid putting extra pressure on your AirPods and causing them to become uncomfortable.
- Make sure the AirPods are properly charged before you go to bed. This way, you won’t have to worry about them running out of power.
- Make sure the AirPods are positioned correctly in your ear. They should be sitting snugly in your ear canal, with the stem of the pod pointing down. If they’re not at par with your comfort level, try adjusting them until they are.
- Use the provided silicone tips to create a better seal in your ear canal. This will help to reduce the amount of white noises that escape and will also make the Apple AirPods Pro more stable in your ear.
- If you’re still having trouble getting a good seal, try using an earplug with the AirPods. This will further reduce the amount of noise that enters your ear and it can also help to keep them in place more securely.
- Make sure your AirPods third generation are charged before you go to bed. This way, if you do happen to fall asleep with them in, you won’t have to worry about them running out of power or low battery levels during the night.
- If you’re using a case for your AirPods Pro, make sure it’s closed when you’re not using them. This will help to keep them clean and dust-free and it will also prolong their hours of battery life.
With these tips in mind, you can rest assured that having your AirPods in while sleeping is perfectly safe and comfortable. You can now go ahead and drift off to sleep with your favorite tunes playing softly in the background.
Benefits of Sleeping with AirPods in
If you’re looking for a more comfortable way to sleep with wireless headphones, AirPods are a popular option. Here are some benefits of sleeping with AirPods in:
- You’ll be able to listen to your favorite pleasant music or audiobooks without disturbing your partner.
- The sound quality is much better than that of traditional headphones, so you’ll be able to enjoy your loud music or audiobooks more.
- They’re small and light, so they won’t weigh down your head or cause discomfort as some wired headphones can.
- They come with a charging case, so you can keep them charged and ready to use whenever you need them.
- They’re durable and water-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about them getting damaged if you accidentally spill water on them or if they get wet in the rain.
- They come with a variety of ear tips, so you can find the ones that fit best and create the most comfortable seal for you.
Sleeping with AirPods in has become increasingly popular because people enjoy being able to listen to background music or podcasts without disturbing their partner. In thie article, we looked at is it bad to fall asleep with AirPods in? It’s important to be aware of the potential minor risks and take steps to mitigate them.
By following the tips above, you can get a safe and comfortable sleep with your AirPods. Just be sure to keep the volume low and use a soft, comfortable material to cover them up if needed.